Thursday, December 28, 2006

"Dear Jew Lover"

Subject Heading - Now available: "Jews and American Popular Culture [Three Volumes]" by Paul Buhle on Amazon.com

I was wondering if Amazon sent me this email because they knew I had a penchant for rhyming words with "Jew" in casual conversation...
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

We've noticed that customers who have expressed interest in books by Neal Gabler have also ordered Jews and American Popular Culture [Three Volumes] by Paul Buhle. For this reason, you might like to know that this book will be released on December 30, 2006. You can pre-order your copy by following the link below.

Jews and American Popular Culture [Three Volumes]
Paul Buhle
Price: $300.00

Release Date: December 30, 2006

Yes, I like Jews (they make a great corned beef sandwich), but I don't like them $300 worth. However, I was wondering who the hell Neal Gabler was, so I looked him up. It turns out he wrote a book, "An Empire of Their Own: How the Jews Invented Hollywood"...which I ordered on January 11, 2000. That's nearly seven years ago.

Amazon knows more about me than most of my friends, and that's a little disturbing...for more than one reason.

No comments: