Saturday, January 20, 2007

Update on the site

Based on insider information (with me being an insider and all), as well as experience dealing with the people who work on the technical side of the site (they are busy with their professional and personal lives, not to mention having the legendary laziness), I would not expect the site back up and functioning until the end of February at the best, and my imaginary money would be on mid-March. Hopefully.

As often happens with these downtimes, the core audience will come back, but as for the rest, we'll simply have to build up readership again. Over the past decade, Nintendorks has shifted from a mostly news site to a mostly humor site, so we'll have to hone our comedy chops and make it worthwhile for Internet mutants to come visit the site on a semi-regular basis.

As such, I'll probably write some more Nintendo news pieces just to keep myself oiled, like an angry, disaffected tin man. Keep in touch in the meantime.

No comments: