Friday, January 12, 2007

What's this? Rangers on TV?

I was flipping through the television channels when I noticed I got the Bruins game on NESN. "Vas ist das?" I asked myself, as German is my native tongue. I quickly flipped to MSG and saw that the Rangers game was not blacked out. I was able to watch the Rangers come back from a 5-0 deficit and nearly tie the game, only to lose 6-4 on an empty net goal towards the end of regulation. I then flipped to watch the Islanders and Bruins in overtime, and then watch the shootout afterwards. Baseball is my favorite sport bar none, and football probably comes in second, but I don't know if there's a more exhilarating and adrenaline-pumping sport to watch when the game is tight than hockey. Ice hockey, not that stupid field hockey.

Earlier, I complained that the NHL doesn't let me watch games on TV. I doubt they changed their policy, so I suspect that DirecTV Center Ice is offering a free preview of some kind, probably to advertise their half season special. Either that, or they screwed up. I'll take it, regardless.

By the way, their half-season special - not so hot:
Special Half Season Offer
Catch all the remaining 2006-07 NHL action for only 4 payments of $29.75, a savings of $50 off the regular season price. Just add NHL® CENTER ICE® to your base package when you order DIRECTV service. Offer ends March 25, 2006.

Wow, only $119 for half the season's games, and the longer I wait, the fewer games I get? Sign me up. Here's a tip for the marketing geniuses at DirecTV and the NHL - if it costs $169 for the full season, the half-season rate should be $84.50.

No comments: