Sunday, February 4, 2007

The Bleeding Vaginas

In a commercial for "understanding PMDD" (Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder), I heard the familiar sounds of Twisted Sister's "We're Not Gonna Take It." The Sister show I saw in 2005 remains one of the best, most energetic concerts I have ever attended, but this is the most embarrassing thing the band has done since its "Leader of the Pack" music video.



Not even a cameo by Bobcat Goldwaith saves that video (I saw him live in the early 00s, and he was hilarious, in case you were wondering). There are two instances when the video could end up having a cool ending, but instead it just reaches ridiculous levels of inanity. No wonder A.J. Pero quit to go play in the power metal band Cities after that album.

I do not disparage a band or any artist for trying to make the most money they can, but that doesn't mean I will respect them or think they have credibility.

Ugh, let's get this taste out of my mouth. Here's a vintage TS performance from 1984:

No comments: