Tuesday, April 17, 2007

I swear to you that I'll swear at you

(Not) flying the friendly #@$% skies:
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Northwest Airlines canceled a flight set to leave from Las Vegas to Detroit after the captain cursed on a cell phone in a bathroom, then swore at one of the 180 passengers on the plane, officials said on Saturday.
* * *
When the captain emerged from the bathroom, a passenger confronted him about his behavior, reportedly prompting more cursing by the pilot of the B757 aircraft.
I'm sure the other passengers were thrilled that Captain Morality had to confront the pilot and get the flight canceled. I bet no one had anywhere to be.

People get so upset about vulgarity. Millions of children can go hungry here and abroad and no one bats an eyelid, but someone says "fuck" and it's a big incident. Well, my advice is to ignore the children and the curse words, and the world will be a better place, or at least a place where we can fly over the starving children.

9 comments:

La Cuoca said...

Very interesting blog. Kiss kiss

CNE said...

You can't ignore children. God made them loud and obnoxious so that you couldn't ignore them.

And I don't blame the passenger confronting the pilot on his behavior. If the pilot just had a fight with his wife, I wouldn't want him flying my plane. "This is your Captain speaking, my wife is a cheating whore and you all are going to die with me when I land this plane nose-first into the desert."

Kiss kiss

ChrisV82 said...

That's why you fly above the children, where there little hands and screechy voices can't reach you.

Good point about the pilot, though. I guess you don't want an angry guy flying your plane. He was sober, though, which is a plus.

Kiss kiss

Jai said...

But angry pilots fly the fastest! Yeah, CNE has a good point. About your life being in the trembling, sweaty sausage-shakers of an angry pilot...

ChrisV82 said...

You forgot to end your comment with kiss kiss

kiss kiss

Project WANNABE said...

lol

CNE said...

kiss me once, kiss me twice, come on pretty baby KISS ME DEADLY!!!

kiss kiss

ChrisV82 said...

I went to a party last Saturday night
I didn't get laid
I got in a fight
Uh huh
It ain't no big thing

- L. Ford (1958 - ), Kiss Me Deadly, p. 1988

Jai said...

Oops! Here: Kiss kiss

Kiss kiss