Monday, April 9, 2007

Sign me up for two

An email from my friends at Amazon:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

We've noticed that customers who have expressed interest in Heavy Metal: A Cultural Sociology by Deena Weinstein have also ordered Globalizing the Peasant: Access to Land and the Possibility of Self-realization by Virginia L. Lewis. For this reason, you might like to know that Virginia L. Lewis's Globalizing the Peasant: Access to Land and the Possibility of Self-realization is now available. You can order your copy for just $75.00 by following the link below.
I don't want to project myself as an idiot by saying Ms. Lewis' book topic bores me, but if you were to judge me by some of my favorite television shows in recent years - Andromeda, Heroes, Robin Hood - I may, in fact, be a dunce. However, Globalizing the Peasant sounds like a bit of a snore, although if there's practical tips for having peasants do major work for little money, I might be interested. The free market works best when other people do the work and I make the profit.

Update: Apparently, I do not have books as a label yet. Perhaps I am illiterate.

No comments: