Wednesday, August 29, 2007

A pile of dead babies

From the side alley bars to the halls of the opera house, everyone's heard this now classic joke:

What's the difference between a pile of dead babies and a Cadillac?

I don't have a Cadillac in my garage.

The gift of a true comedian, of which I am not one, is to reinvent the wheel. Now, I don't mean you reuse the same jokes forever, but what I do mean is you have to keep people on their toes. If they can predict the joke, it's not funny. With suspense as well as with humor, an unexpected zinger is gold.

So what's the difference between a pile of dead babies and a Cadillac?

I've never made a raft out of a Cadillac.
I've never killed someone inside a pile of dead babies.
I don't buy Cadillacs from the clinic.
You can't eat a Cadillac for Thanksgiving.
I kidnapped your sister.

Feel free to add more in the comments.

3 comments:

psychodevil said...

It's hard to have sex on a Cadillac.

nathansmart said...

Nothing.

ChrisV82 said...

Cadillacs can still move.