Monday, August 27, 2007

Second only to March Madness

Fantasy Football season is about to begin, which is the one non-physical office activity everyone seems to get into outside of betting on college basketball. I'm a bigger fan of fantasy baseball, as I prefer baseball in general, but that doesn't mean I won't try my hand at it every season. Here are my draft results from today:

Offense
QB - Tony Romo, DAL
WR - Marques Colston, NO
WR - Mark Clayton, BAL
WR - Isaac Bruce, STL
RB - Reggie Bush, NO
RB - Ronnie Brown, MIA
TE - Antonio Gates, SD
K - Josh Scobee, JAC
UTIL - Warrick Dunn, ATL (RB)
BENCH - Ben Roethlisberger, PIT (QB)
BENCH - Troy Williamson, MIN (WR)
BENCH - Randy McMichael, STL (TE)
BENCH - Jay Feely, MIA (K)

Defense
DEF - Baltimore Ravens
D - DeMeco Ryans, HOU
D - Lance Briggs, CHI
BENCH - Buffalo Bills (DEF)
BENCH - Antonio Pierce, NYG

I feel it's a pretty balanced draft overall, but I'm already worried about Ronnie Brown's playing time and Colston and Clayton's health. In fact, I drafted Ronnie Brown second, and while my gameplan was to draft two RBs in the first two rounds, to my defense I arrived late and the autopick had already chosen for me. Ah well, c'est la vie.

2 comments:

Nonny said...

o I love that, can you win moncho ching?

ChrisV82 said...

No, it's not a betting league, but sometimes victory itself is the greatest prize of all.

Besides money, obviously.