Sunday, October 28, 2007

NFLondon

If the NFL was trying to entice the Brits with American football by sending the Dolphins to Wembley Stadium, I'm not sure it worked. That was an incredibly boring game, essentially boiling down to the Giants and Dolphins running/slopping the ball a few yards before getting pounded and doing it all over again. Only a combined 208 passing yards, 2 sacks, and 2 touchdowns, the last of which came with less than two minutes left in the game. I guess you could blame it on the London weather, but people don't want to hear excuses. As the great poet Berlin once said,
I was on a Paris train
I emerged in London rain
And you were waiting there
Swimming through apologies
I think what was much more exciting was the giant robot walking through London, although maybe the NFL should have saved that for if they play a game in Tokyo.

No comments: