Saturday, January 12, 2008

NLF Ought Eight - Deuce

I think I did pretty well with my guesses, although guys like Gates, Tomlinson and Alexander had weak performances.

My Guess: Jaguars 24, Steelers 21, +3
Actual: Jaguars 31, Steelers 29, +2
My Guess: Seahawks 17, Redskins 10, +7
Actual: Seahawks 35, Redskins 14, +21
My Guess: Giants 31, Buccaneers 27, +4
Actual: Giants 24, Buccaneers 14, +10
My Guess: Chargers 35, Titans 20, +15
Actual: Chargers 17, Titans 6, +11

Round 2. Fight!

10-6 Seattle Seahawks at 13-3 Green Bay Packers
Surprisingly, both teams have put up comparable rushing yards, but Green Bay has a much better passing game and a slightly better defense. GB 30, SEA 19 (apparently I expect a lot of field goals).

11-5 Jacksonville Jaguars at 16-0 New England Patriots
Jacksonville will have to rely on their run attack to beat New England. The Patriots had the #1 passing offense all year. The Pats have a better chance of stopping the run than the Jags do of stopping the air attack. NE 38, JAX 16

11-5 San Diego Chargers at 13-3 Indianapolis Colts
It's not unheard of for the Chargers to beat the Colts at home, and they are beatable. Nevertheless, I would not rely on Rivers to put up a good game, so everything will fall on the shoulders of Tomlinson, who had a crappy game last week. San Diego is not going to stop Manning. IND 28, SD 17

10-6 New York Giants at 13-3 Dallas Cowboys
I love the Giants but I'm not sure they can pull it off in Dallas. I think the teams match up better than you would expect, but essentially this will come down to New York's running game versus Tony Romo. DAL 28, NY 24

No comments: