Monday, July 7, 2008

What a difference 81 years makes

A vintage piece of old cinema was found hidden where all the other Germans hid after World War 2:
The long-lost original cut of Fritz Lang's 1927 silent film was discovered in the archives of the Museum of Cinema in Buenos Aires earlier this year.

The museum's Paula Felix-Didier said it was the only copy of the complete film. Metropolis depicts a 21st Century society divided between a class of underworld workers and the "thinkers" above who control them.
Exciting, eh? It's like the time I found five dollars in my coat pocket.

In other news, I saw a free preview of The Rocker, a new film starring Rainn whatever of The Office and Christina Applegate of Samantha Who. If you can ignore a by the numbers plot, a lackluster script, gigantic laps of logic, and an insult to your brain, there are a few good laughs and a couple of inspired performances. It is absolutely not worth it to see this movie, however. If you see it, I will kill you in the face.

2 comments:

WindFish said...

Gene Siskel is rolling over in his grave to hide his giant boner.

ChrisV82 said...

I wish he was alive to see this...and so I could see his penis.