Thursday, August 14, 2008

There is no life on mars

I just saw a commercial for the new ABC series, Life on Mars, based on one of my favorite shows of the same name, via the BBC. You know how some people will say the BBC Office is better than the American one? That will more than likely be me with this show. I just looked up a trailer on YouTube. Here we go:



They should have changed the character's name from "Sam Tyler" to "Nick Tyler" and called it In the Nick of Time! The acting seems a bit flat, and Sam looks a bit jock-ish and boring. Jason O'Hara, from what I saw, doesn't have anything on John Simm. There's a real chance I've jerked off to Grethen Mol before, but Liz White was amazing. All that said, I won't judge it just from a roughly 150 second trailer, and I will watch the premiere (if I remember). After all, while I loved Philip Glenister, Harvey Keitel is a pretty decent actor.

I am not optimistic, but I'm not writing it off yet.

No comments: