Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Panama's native son, "Nigga"

I was just browsing the news wire and saw this article by Leila Cobo:
MIAMI (Billboard) - In Mexico and Central and South America, he's known as Nigga. In the United States and Europe, he's known as Flex.

Regardless, the Panamanian singer, real name Felix Danilo Gomez, has just tallied 20 nonconsecutive weeks at No. 1 on Billboard's Hot Latin Songs chart with "Te Quiero," [I Want You - ed.] from his U.S. debut album of the same name, which peaked at No. 70 on the Billboard 200.

The simple love song is now tied with Juanes' "Me Enamora" [I'm Enamored] and Son by Four's "A Puro Dolor" [To Pure Pain] with 20 weeks at the chart's top position. Only Shakira has more weeks at No. 1; her hit "La Tortura," [The Torture] featuring Alejandro Sanz, notched 25 nonconsecutive weeks at No. 1.
He sounds like a disaster.

I look forward to song that puts Nigga on the top of the U.S. Charts, Quiero Cogerte en la Boca ("I Want to Fuck You in the Mouth").


EDIT: My linguistics were off.

2 comments:

Chuckling said...

Sorry to be the gramatica police, but I don't think one would use the formal pronoun when telling one that you want to fuck her (or him) in the mouth. You probably meant "cogerte."

Hope that helps.

ChrisV82 said...

That will come in handy next time I travel south of the border.

Nothing like a faux pas to embarrass a tourist.