In the spirit of Megan McArdle's Electronics Gift Guide, I've created my own list of tech for you to buy for your friends or loved ones (or yourself LOL stfu):
1) Blackberry Curve. These things are totally sweet. It's a phone, but it does a lot of other stuff, too. Full QWERTY keyboards leave my panties soaked.
2) Apple MacBook. Yeah, the hype is true. These things are really cool. Unlike desktop computers, these are smaller, but also better.
3) Sony Bravia KDL-55XBR8. This is the best flat-panel LCD on the market. Great picture quality, and really big. Works great with Blu-Ray.
4) Nintendo DS. You can play video games on this, which is like the future.
5) Aliph Jawbone 2. Although this is a business write-off for me, if you like bluetooth headsets, then this is for you. Holding your phone is now a thing of the past.
6) Welch Allyn SureTemp Plus 690 Electronic Rectal Thermometer. With 9 feet of reach, this thermometer allows extensive anal probing with precise digital readouts.
7) Sony Portable Reader. With the prevalence of poor people in libraries, buying books is essential, but even the nicest metropolitan apartments don't have enough room for hardcovers and paperbacks. With this digital book reader, you can download and read all of your favorite novels on the bus.