Saturday, May 2, 2009

Get Canned Brand

Perhaps you've heard that Drop Dead Fred is being remade, this time starring comedian Russell Brand as Fred.



I'm not...I'm not sure why we need this. I'm generally against remakes anyway, but this is not even a particularly beloved movie. I saw it when it came out, and that's the last time I saw it. Sure, it had Phoebe Cates before she dropped off the map, and a nice supporting role for Carrie Fisher, and the slapstick was great for the kids, but...you know...really? We need this? A new Drop Dead Fred?



Don't get me wrong, I find Russell Brand to be a humorous chap, but...you know...Drop Dead Fred?



Really? I guess Brand is a good replacement for Rik Mayall, but that's like saying Margaret Cho would be a good replacement for Roseanne Barr in a She-Devil remake.

2 comments:

Sweet Cheeks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ChrisV82 said...

It helps to have an encyclopedic knowledge of B movies and B comedians.