Monday, July 27, 2009

She sells Obama

I keep feeling like I should talk about Obama. His health care plan is just to ask other people to come up with a plan. He mentions that single payer is the best system and then breezes past it like it's some impossible idea. He has backtracked on foreign and domestic policies.

It's hard to get upset, though. The reservations I had a year ago are justified. It's not unexpected, just...disappointing, I guess. For example, Obama makes the most lawyerly (i.e. non-committal) answer about the whole Gates/cop controversy and he is accused of being racist. So what does he do? Apologize, appease the angry white contingent, and invite the cop over for a beer. Now, don't get me wrong, I like beer, so long as it isn't Miller/Bud/Coors, and Gates has also been invited for a brew. But you'd think at some point Obama would stand up for himself and say, "hey, that's my opinion, and it's a good one, go piss off."

No, the only people he ever stands up against are his own supporters.

Music makes me feel better. Let's listen, together, as a family:





2 comments:

Gorilla Bananas said...

"hey, that's my opinion, and it's a good one, go piss off."

But that's not very presidential is it? Did Lincoln ever tell anyone to piss off?

ChrisV82 said...

I believe Lincoln used to carry around a spray bottle with which to squirt agitators with a sharp blast of water. It was eventually the deciding factor in the American civil war.