Sunday, August 30, 2009

Summer is sailing away



All things considered, it's been a good summer for me. Pretty much every weekend was occupied, I got to hang with my various groups of friends (which rarely mingle, so good thing I had a whole summer), I gained 10 pounds...okay, so that last part sucked. At least it kicked my ass to get re-focused on diet & exercise. Less fatty foods, more bicycling, less calorie bombs, more lifting (note: the 4 1/2 kilograms I added were blubber, not muscle), etc. I also got to see two pretty good concerts this summer, but more on that later in the week.

Well, now the days get shorter, the wind gets colder, and the trees start shedding their colors, each leaf going from green to yellow to brown, falling to the earth and then crumbling to dust, like all memories must do. So get out there and enjoy what's left of the summer, because tomorrow you may be somebody else's memory.

1 comment:

Gorilla Bananas said...

I hope you listened to the Mungo Jerry song at least once.