Saturday, May 14, 2011

Barely literate



Nudity is quite popular with the masses. Ever since Adam and Eve covered up their porcelain white skin 6,000 years ago, humans have been trying to uncover the forbidden fruit hidden beneath our fabric fortresses. I recently learned about Naked Girls Reading, which is exactly what you would expect it to be based on the name.

I enjoy voyeurism as much as the next pervert, but something about these nude projects seem off. I mean, do I want to see naked women? Sure. Does seeing naked women paint in the nude make painting more exciting? I'd argue no. I would much rather see a pro covered than an amateur naked, whether it be tennis or barbecuing.

There is a Canadian-based program called Naked News which involves anchors and reporters stripping down to the buff while reporting on actual current events. I was very intrigued when this first came out a number of years ago, but I quickly realized it wasn't all that exciting. If the women could have sex with each other and still tell me about the declining American dollar, that would be impressive.

Some of these nude tasks encourage consumer participation. For example, there are nude hairdressers, naked bakers, and topless housekeepers. My problem with these entrepreneurs is that if they were not only qualified but good at what they do, they wouldn't need the nude gimmick. The people that have to do their work in the nude need it to make up for the fact that otherwise, they just aren't good enough to draw regular business.

I don't need to strip down to do my job. In fact, I think they pay me extra to keep my pants on.

1 comment:

Gorilla Bananas said...

You make a good point, but perhaps the idea is to combine different qualities in an unusual way. Caviar is good on toasted bread, even when the quality of bread isn't that great.